Monday, November 16, 2009

My View On Religion

Sorry, I haven't updated in like, FOREVER!! Been busy with Amie and schoolwork and everything, so I haven't had time.

So anyway, this is my view on religion:

Okay, I don't have anything against organized religion, it's just that it's not the only kind of religion. You don't need temples and a million believers and whatnot to have a "real" religion!! A religion is basically your beliefs, right? So whatever you believe is technically your religion.

For instance, I believe in a Goddess, and I believe that men are led by a God. And I believe that everyone has a purpose in life, and if they fulfill that purpose, their bodies rest peacefully as their souls watch over and silently protect their loved ones. But if they don't fulfill that purpose before they die, I believe they keep getting reincarnated at death until they DO fulfill their purpose--whether they know what it is or not (you're bound to do it at some point, right?).

People always classify me as "non-religious" or "Atheist", but I'm not. I have a religion, it's just not an organized religion. So it doesn't have a name like "Islam" or "Judism" or anything like that, it's just my beliefs bunched together to form my personal religion. It's MY religion, and I doubt it's anyone else's; I'm not following any religious trends, and I never will. I believe what I believe, no matter what I was born into (Baptism).

No comments:

Post a Comment